Saturday, November 25, 2006

Long Day

Last night my little guy kept me up because he wasn't at home in his own bed (we were at my parents' house). He really doesn't like being away from his own house. Any way, being up half the night meant there was no way I'd be waking up before dawn to get to all those "doorbuster" sales. Not that I was even planning on it--I've been there, done that and just didn't want to even try to do it with an 8 month old in tow.

On the way home from my parents' house, though, we decided to drop by a shopping center. I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of chaos. Yes, there were lots of people there but not an insane amount. And all the shops were in order. There weren't any stores that had been picked bare or messes anywhere. I wouldn't have been at all surprised to find that all the clearance and on-sale items had been picked away (we didn't get there until about 11:00). Now, I'm pretty sure that if we had stopped at the shopping mall closer to our house it would have been a completely different story. At any rate, I got some nice shirts for only $4.50. Score :-) Santa was even there, so my little guy got to take a picture with him. Double Score :-D We ended up spending the rest of the day there and didn't even get home until the sun had set. I suppose I should tell you that this particular shopping center is relatively new--it's maybe a year or two old. I'm sure that if we give it some time it'll be just as packed and disordered as the mall.

After getting home, we invited some friends over for dinner and games. We had so much fun that they didn't even leave until after midnight. I'm not complaining. It was an A+ day overall.

Tomorrow I'm putting my tree up. It's Christmas season, baby!

No comments: