Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Makes My Heart Warm

My baby boy is almost 8 months old, and they say that when they say words like "Mama" or "Dada" at that age they don't know what they're talking about yet.

I don't know about that, though. My son almost always says "Mama" when he's hungry and wants some milk. I nurse, so he only gets milk from me. It's possible that he thinks that "Mama" means "milk," but still he's equating the spoken word with something in real life. No matter what he thinks it means, it always makes me feel special. You don't know how sweet that word is until you hear it come out of your own little one's mouth.

He also seems to understand what the word "eat" means. Whenever my husband or I ask him if he wants to eat, he makes his hungry noise and gets all excited. I'm telling you this little guy definitely takes after his Dad, who is every buffet's worse nightmare ;-D

1 comment:

Yael said...

G also says Mamamama when he wants milk :) DH thinks it's a coincidence, but I'm convinced that he knows what he wants and knows what he's saying! They're growing up so quick :)