Thursday, November 30, 2006

Time

I am running short on time! I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post. So, let's see...
  • It took me 3 whole days to get my tree up! I have a fake pre-lit tree that is only a year old. When we took it out of the box and got it up, the bottom half didn't light up. I thought something was wrong with the light string or the lights, so I went out and bought a little Christmas lights bulb tester. By the time I got back I was too tired to fool with the tree. The next day, I set up the bulb tester but found that there wasn't a problem with those bulbs; I simply didn't have that string plugged in--duh! Well, at least my money didn't go to waste--there actually were two dead bulbs elsewhere. By the time I got done messing with the lights I was too tired to bother with the ornaments. Finally, on day three, I put up the ornaments and a little gate to prevent my boy from eating/climbing the tree and pulling down ornaments.
  • Graduate school is hard work! I had a team project/paper due, so it's been eating up a lot of my time. I have excellent teammates, though, so I wasn't stuck doing things all by myself or anything--thank Goodness! My final is coming up (a week from today), so I've got reading and vocabulary to catch up on.
  • My boy is more mobile than ever! He's crawling all over the place at record speed, and he's turned into a goat. That's right, he wants to eat every little piece of paper he can get his hands on. He managed to find a leaf the other day and almost choked on it. So I can't keep my eyes off him for a second. I'm really lucky that he's not too interested in our tree. Hopefully, it won't spark his interest any time soon.
So that's where my time has gone. I'll be glad when my final is over. School is seriously taking a big bite of my baby and holiday time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're doing better than me luv. I don't have the energy to even think about a tree.

I don't know how I missed that you were in grad school before. Good for you! I can't imagine focusing on 'homework' these days. You deserve a big pat on the back.