Friday, November 17, 2006

Astronomy!

Oh boy, oh boy! I love the night sky, a passion that was instilled in me by my dad when I was really young. We lived at the end of a dirt road in the middle of the woods, where sky watching was perfect--unheeded by city lights. We used to take his old refractor telescope and look at the planets together. Then we would try to make out all the constellations.

Why am I mentioning this? Just a stroll down memory lane? Nah, there is going to be a meteor shower this weekend! The Leonids are appearing on a night sky near you early, early morning on Sunday. It's supposed to be pretty good--at least compared to last year, when most of the meteors were blanked out by the light of the moon.

I only hope I can be awake for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait. I caught this on the news the other day. Pray for clear skies.

Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't see a thing. Clouds decided to decorate the sky instead. I hope you had better luck!

Suzanne :-) said...

Oh no! It's usually that way over here too, but it was clear this time. Hopefully, you'll have better luck next time.