Saturday, December 9, 2006

Silence

I can't stand silence. I must have some kind of noise around. That is why I normally have the TV on all the time. Bad habit, I know. While I was studying last week, however, I couldn't have the TV on at all or I would watch it. The next best thing is the radio, so on it went. I had to go surfing to find something that wasn't distracting. Our Top 40 station pretty much only plays rap, so that was out of the question entirely. There were a few stations playing Christmas music, but I love to sing along, so they were as distracting as the Top 40 channel. I finally came across a classical music channel that is broadcast from a local private university. Jackpot! There is something about that kind of music that really is conducive to studying and learning.

The reason why I mentioned this is because I haven't even watched any TV since my final. Instead, I am listening to the classical channel. This music is timeless, and I never get tired of it. My music appreciation teacher would be so proud ;-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just the opposite. I love silence. When my husband comes home and turns on the TV, I want to shrink into a cave. Now, I can't stand conversational silence. Especially during a meal.

As a side note, I love to sing along to Christmas songs too. It's cheesy to admit, but I love Mariah Carey's Christmas CD. "All I Want For Christmas" rocks.