Sunday, December 17, 2006

UPS

UPS has really gotten on my nerves this Christmas season. There are a couple of things that have gone awry with their delivery process.

The first is totally wacko, why-are-they-such-greedy-pigs behavior. My husband chose to use their services in sending a package to Canada. He sold something on E-bay and wanted it at its destination quickly. They charged him a certain amount, and we thought that would be the end of it. Well, it turns out that they don't do deliveries in Canada: they hire some other company to complete the delivery. That in itself is not a problem, but the fact that they were going to charge the guy at the end a whole bunch more money (I'm thinking the sum was somewhere near $20 or so) in order for him to get the package is ridiculous. They should have been up-front about the extra delivery charges. The guy that had won the auction sent it back, refusing delivery. They then returned the package and tried to charge my husband a non-delivery return fee! WTF?! He proceeded to finish the transaction using the USPS.

They weren't done with us yet, though. Friday, they claimed to have tried to deliver a package to us 3 times and left a note on the final try. I don't believe that crap. I was home all day until my husband came home from work. We went for a walk that probably lasted 45 minutes. We didn't get the note until after our walk. How could they try to deliver 3 times in 45 mins? So my husband tries to call them. Boy was that hard. He called up all the local UPS stores and gets the run-around. Nobody knows where it is. He calls up the main customer service number, and they say they'll track it down. It will go to the main office across town. So on Saturday, my husband goes down to the office. The truck that has the package is in the back, locked up. Apparently no one on site can open it up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What is up with that? They can't deliver it until Monday. Double grrrrrrrr. We needed that package because it contained something for my Dad, who we were going to visit on Saturday. We had to go without the package. At least it wasn't an emergency or anything. We'd be really mad then.

So, there you have it. We're never using UPS again. Good news for the USPS, Fed-Ex, and DHL though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Total bummer. I've had pretty good luck with UPS. I've never tried to ship out of country though. And our local driver is wonderful.

I'm sure you guys were miffed.